The best time for this dessert is mid-summer, when the blueberries are thick in our northern woods. Red raspberries can be added to the mixed berries, too, to brighten up the patriotic colors.
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 4 teaspoons reduced-fat raspberry walnut vinaigrette
- 3/4 cup fat-free vanilla or strawberry Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh mint
- Unsweetened shredded coconut, optional
- Place strawberries and blueberries in separate bowls. Drizzle each with 2 teaspoons vinaigrette; toss to coat. In a small bowl, mix yogurt and mint.
- Spoon strawberries into four parfait glasses. Layer each with yogurt mixture and blueberries. If desired, top with coconut.