Black bean soup is a vegetarian staple, in my opinion. It pairs well with anything, from crackers, to bread bowls, to chips if that's what you like.
- 1/2 can of chickpeas, drained
- 1 can of black beans, drained
- 1 can of tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 an onion, diced
- 1 cup of water or vegetable broth
- 1/2 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of pepper
- 1/2 tsp of paprika
- 1/2 tsp of red chili flakes
- 1 tsp of olive oil
1. Put your onions and garlic in a pot with olive oil on medium heat. Stir occasionally, leave for about 4 minutes.
2. Add tomatoes, black beans, and chickpeas to the pot. Add in your water or broth as well.
3. Add your seasonings (salt, pepper, paprika, chili flakes) to your soup.
4. Put the heat on low and let simmer until broth/water is mostly absorbed.
5. Serve hot and enjoy.